Water is the most important food source for all farm animals. It should always be at the disposal of the animals – in sufficient quantity and quality. From the point of view of animal protection, it is mandatory to provide animals with water without restriction. And control of drinkers is part of the daily to-do list.
Ball and valve drinkers are frost-proof without power supply and are therefore suitable for use in meadows and open barns, for example for beef cattle. The water level and its inflow is controlled by a float. The water supply comes from below the ground. Without external energy, the system operates down to about -20°C. This watering system is acceptable for adult cattle, since you have to press on the ball – or, depending on the type of float, press on the valve. But for calves, such a system is not used. One drinker is enough for 20 animals.
It will be interesting for you if...
equipment must comply with all veterinary and hygienic requirements
You want to automate the process of watering livestock
simple and low maintenance cost required
good thermal insulation of the equipment is necessary to prevent freezing
Stages of implementation
Supply of equipment
- More than 15 years experience in pig production;
- The way from a student trainee to a manager on a pig farm in Denmark - 96 months;
- Designed and launched more than 15 facilities in the CIS;
- Experience in developing technological projects for the Danish manufacturer of pig breeding equipment Ikadan - 5 years
- Practical experience in industrial pig breeding for more than 10 years (from the chief veterinarian of STK to a technologist-consultant);
- Internship/practice/visiting advanced farms in Denmark (1.5 years), Belgium, Poland, Russia in order to study and exchange work experience;
- Consulting, technical support - from pig farms to large agricultural holdings.
- More than 20 years of experience in pig breeding;
- Technological support of pig farms in Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, China, Canada, and other countries;
- Provision of consulting and auditing services for various companies in pig breeding complexes.