When choosing a pen for a sow, you need to consider not only the needs of the animals, but also the comfort of your operators.
The pens must be reliable, comfortable and not traumatic. The farrowing crate is the most difficult place in production, where every little thing matters, because we need to create two different spaces: for the sow and for the piglets on an area of no more than 5 square meters. The efficiency of performance indicators such as mortality rate of piglets or farrowing percentage of sows depends as well on the right equipment and proper placement.
It will be interesting for you if...
the equipment of your pig farm is technologically outdated
there is not enough space in the stable and you need renovation
your pig farm has a lot of culling due to injuries of sows
high mortality rate of piglets at farrowing
a large amount of nonproductive days due to the difficulty of abortions observation in gestation unit
Stages of implementation
Consideration of the application
Preparation of a commercial offer
Installation of equipment
- Daltec feeding system,
- Dakhmir ventilation system (TPI+CTI+SLPK-14),
- SLPK-14 partitions,
- Monoflo drinking system
We delivered turnkey equipment to the fattening building 114x18 meters, for 2400 heads. The list of supplied equipment included: partitions, feeders, a feed distribution system with bins, a water distribution line for the building with drinkers in machines, a ventilation system, a cooling system (PAD cooling), a lighting system, a system for remote monitoring and control of the pig farm.
The air supply was organized through the basement with pre-cooling/heating. Air extraction was organized through the space between the manure level and the concrete slatted floors.
- More than 15 years experience in pig production;
- The way from a student trainee to a manager on a pig farm in Denmark - 96 months;
- Designed and launched more than 15 facilities in the CIS;
- Experience in developing technological projects for the Danish manufacturer of pig breeding equipment Ikadan - 5 years
- Practical experience in industrial pig breeding for more than 10 years (from the chief veterinarian of STK to a technologist-consultant);
- Internship/practice/visiting advanced farms in Denmark (1.5 years), Belgium, Poland, Russia in order to study and exchange work experience;
- Consulting, technical support - from pig farms to large agricultural holdings.
- More than 20 years of experience in pig breeding;
- Technological support of pig farms in Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, China, Canada, and other countries;
- Provision of consulting and auditing services for various companies in pig breeding complexes.